What if you disagree with the value the Assessor places on your property?

If, in your opinion, the taxable value of your property exceeds the value indicated in the real estate market, please call or come in to the Assessor’s Office and discuss your appraisal with a certified appraiser. The Assessor welcomes the opportunity to review any evidence you can provide that will show the valuation is unrealistic. If, after discussing the matter with the Assessor’s staff, a difference of opinion still exists, you may appeal your assessment to the County Board of Equalization. You may obtain the forms from the Assessor’s Office during the month of December and until the deadline for filing, which is January 15, unless it falls on a holiday or weekend, which would make the deadline the next business day. Please call (775) 423-6584 to have an appeal form mailed to you. The forms are relatively easy so you may represent yourself rather than incur legal expenses. If the County Board, after hearing your petition, still agrees with the Assessor’s appraisal, you may appeal the County Board’s decision to the State Board of Equalization. If the State Board also agrees with the Assessor’s Office and you still disagree, you may take your appeal to District Court.

NRS 361.355

Show All Answers

1. What is "real property" or "real estate"?
2. How does the Assessor determine taxable value of real property?
3. What is the appraisal methodology according to Nevada Law?
4. How can my property taxes go up if my property values go down?
5. Why did my abatement go away?
6. What if you disagree with the value the Assessor places on your property?
7. Property tax exemptions: