Sixty-eight players participated in the Jim Regan Memorial Golf Tournament, a Churchill County sponsored event for the benefit of scholarships, held on September 18 at the Fallon Golf Course. Regan, a former county commissioner, was heavily involved in our community whose legacy continues to benefit our community.
- 1st place – Jim Isbister, Dennis Isbister, Andrew Palmer & Adrian Drakulich
- 2nd place – Jeremy Barnett, Matt Benedict, Matt Nunn, and Eric Bickel
- 3rd place – Pete, Mike, Martin & Stephen Summerbell
- Closest to the Pin – Rusty White & Lonne Sheldon
- Longest Drive – Ryan McCormick & Michelle White
Each of the teams donated their winnings back to the scholarship fund. Churchill County provided a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas as the Hole-In-One prize, as well as funding and the hole-in-one insurance. Unfortunately, there was not a winner for the cruise.
Two $1,500 scholarships, two $1,000 scholarships, and two $500 scholarships were awarded in May 2021 to: Allison Frost, Hailey Guerrero, Kalea Lattin, Cason Webb-Penn, Thomas Steele and Callista Perez.
Tournament sponsors included:
- City of Fallon & Ormat (platinum level)
- Terra-Gen Dixie Valley (bronze level)
- Hole Sponsors – A & K Earth Movers, Mackedon Law P.C., Banner Churchill Community Hospital, Nevada Cement Company, Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth, Out West Buildings, Narag Fallon Family Clinic, Bassham Furniture, New Millennium Building Systems, Driveline & Gear Service, Kennametal Inc., Valley Distributors Inc., Dixon Golf, & Cyrq Amor IX Soda Lake Geothermal
- Half-a-Hole Sponsors – Judge Ben Trotter, Lahontan Valley Veterinary Clinic
- Raffle Donors – Big R, Les Schwab, Fallon Golf Course, Nugget Bonanza, Scott & Patti Hiatt, Churchill County, Scheels, City of Fallon, Tedford Tire & Auto Service, Western Nevada Supply Co., Kent’s Supply, Terri Schultz, Dixon Golf, and Sherry Merling.
Churchill County wishes to extend its sincere appreciation for the support and donations from our community that make this event such a great success.
Photo: Team winners Adrian Drakulich, Dennis Isbister and Jim Isbister with Evie Regan, Patti Hiatt (Evie’s daughter) & Logan Chicvara (Patti’s grandson).