Progress continues on schedule for Churchill County’s new event space, the Rafter 3C Center, located at the fairgrounds. When completed at the end of this year, the Rafter 3C Center will provide a new event space in rural Nevada for livestock events, auto & equipment shows and arena/concert events. It will also house any future county emergency operations.
The Rafter 3C Center is considered by local officials to be an economic driver for this community with the expectation that events and shows will be able to book the facility starting in 2022.
Construction began in Nov. 2020 and is anticipated to be completed by Dec. 2021 using local and regional contractors and businesses.
- Land area: 8.3 acres at the fairgrounds on Sheckler Road.
- Building is 75,000 sq. feet divided into two sections: an arena area and a “gathering area” in front of the arena. The arena is 175 ft. x 300 ft. and the gathering area is 75 ft. x 300 ft.
- Seating: stadium style seating for 1,822 and 30 spaces for wheelchairs. Seating may be collapsed to allow for additional floor space.
- 304 parking spaces will be added in the new paved lot on the north and west sides of the building with plans for more than doubling the parking availability in the near future.
- Livestock pens located on the south side of the facility with chutes running into the arena.
- Concession space inside.
- Video screens mounted inside for enhanced event viewing.
- Budget: $12.5 million from county, city, state and federal funding sources.
To inquire about booking an event at the Rafter 3C in 2022, please call Churchill County Parks & Recreation at (775)423-7733.
Photo: County leaders provide a construction site tour for media and local officials on July 26.