As we proceed through Phase One of the reopening process set forth by the Governor’s Office, Churchill County administrative offices are beginning to resume more normal operations starting May 18.
Most county administrative offices are staffed and some have opened their doors. However, residents are encouraged to call the office they want before showing up to make sure. If you do walk-in, please consider wearing a face covering and practice social distancing for the consideration of others.
County meetings will continue to be held via Zoom. Please check the county website at: https://www.churchillcounty.org/37/Agendas-Minutes for log-in and call-in information for each meeting.
Many county functions may also be conducted online at: www.churchillcounty.org
Individual County Offices
- Assessor’s Office: By appointment only, call 423-6584.
- Building Department: Window open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for walk-ups. Knock on door if no one is at the window or call 428-0264.
- Cemetery: Call 423-4066 to make arrangements.
- Child Support: Open by appointment only, call 423-8423.
- Public is encouraged to use on-line services, the County’s two secured drop boxes or mail in your documents. Office services also available by appointment weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Must contact us by phone or email. No walk-ins.
- Marriage Licenses will be issued to Nevada residents only and pre-registration is required. (775) 423-6028.
- Voters are encouraged to mail-in their ballot using the postage paid envelope provided. Voters may drop-off their ballots in person at the Clerk’s Office weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Comptroller: Office is open, call 428-1414.
- Cooperative Extension: Available by appointment only, call 423-5121. For information on all 4H activities, call (775)427-2480.
- County Manager: Available by appointment at 423-5136.
- Court Services: Office is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 423-4222.
- District Attorney’s Office: Open by appointment only, call 423-6561.
- District Court: Open to the public weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. for window filing. Temperatures will be taken upon arrival. There is a box in front of the court clerk’s window for document and payment drop-offs. Call 423-6088.
- Emergency Management: Call 423-4188.
- Facilities & Grounds: Call 423-7733.
- Human Resources: By appointment only at 423-1311.
- Justice Court: Open with a maximum of 10 customers in the building. Online electronic payments and filings are encouraged. Call 423-2845.
- Juvenile Probation & Detention: Building is still closed to public. Call 423-6587 to make an appointment.
- Library: Closed, but many services available online. Ask a Librarian available by phone Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Call 423-7581.
- Museum: Closed. Leave a message at 423-3677.
- Parks & Recreation: Playgrounds, tennis courts, outdoor basketball court and athletic fields are open to groups of 10 or fewer. Recreation classes limited to 8 participants. Other facilities will open at later dates as determined by Governor’s phased reopening plans. SUMFUN has not been scheduled, but Parks & Rec hopes to be able to offer it in some capacity, depending on phased reopening plans. Call 423-7733 for more information.
- Planning Department: Open, but appointments are encouraged as the waiting room is small. Call 423-7627.
- Public Information: Office is open. Call 423-2266.
- Recorder’s Office: Open as usual. Walk-ups welcome. Call 423-6001.
- Road Department: Office is closed, but appointments are available. Call 423-4133.
- Sheriff’s Office (non-emergency): Building open; masks required. Fingerprints done by appointment on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please wait in your car and call (775)423-8083 upon arrival or to make an appointment. Lobby restricted to four people to maintain social distancing.
- Social Services: Office is open weekdays 8 a.m. to noon and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. excluding holidays. Call 423-6695.