Evictions- Filing Fee $51.00

There are several different types of eviction notices a landlord can start with: 

The landlord may choose to file or not file these Notices with the court. Service of the Notices can be done by either the landlord, with a witness over the age of 18, or by the Sheriff’s Office.

If you have any further questions, please contact our office or consult the Nevada Supreme Court.

Tenants - response options to receiving a notice

Filing Fee $26.00

If a tenant wants to respond to an eviction notice, their options are:

If the tenant has been served with any notice other than a 7 day Pay Rent or Quit Notice, they must wait until they are served with the 5 day Unlawful Detainer Notice to file their answer.

Habitability Problems

According to NRS 118A.290 "The landlord shall at all times during the tenancy maintain the dwelling unit in a habitable condition". If the tenant has issues with the dwelling they can: 

  • Send a letter to their landlord informing them of the issues in questions and giving the landlord at least 14 days to respond and/or remedy the issues. Please see this example letter of what the tenant’s letter can say.
  • If the landlord does not respond and/or remedy the issues in question, the tenant must then file an Affidavit of Rent Escrow and post the rent with the court. 

If you have questions, or have a more specific issue and don’t see an answer that applies to your situation, please contact the court or go to the Nevada Civil Law Self Help Center.