Protection Order documents
The Justice Court handles several different types of Protection/ Restraining Orders. Below are the two applications:
- Domestic Violence (PDF) : This application applies to romantic and family relations, excluding adult cousins and siblings, and there must be an act of or threat of domestic violence. NRS 228.030 defines domestic violence as "meaning ascribed to it in NRS 33.018 and may include, without limitation, physical, sexual or psychological violence". NRS 33.018 states "Domestic violence occurs when a person commits one of the following acts against or upon the person’s spouse or former spouse, any other person to whom the person is related by blood or marriage, any other person with whom the person has had or is having a dating relationship, any other person with whom the person has a child in common, the minor child of any of those persons, the person’s minor child or any other person who has been appointed the custodian or legal guardian for the person’s minor child". (please visit NRS 33.018 for a list of the acts considered domestic violence.)
- All Other Restraining Orders (PDF) : This application applies to all other relationships, including adult cousins and siblings. This application can be used for Stalking/Harassment, Sexual Assault, and Protection of a Child.
If you are either party and would like to modify the protection order, dissolve the protection order, or request a hearing, please fill out one of the following motions that corresponds with your type of protection order and submit them back to the court:
- Stalking and Harassing Motion to Modify, Dissolve, or Extend Protection Order (PDF)
- Domestic Violence Motion to Modify, Dissolve, or Extend Protection Order (PDF) ***this document must be notarized or signed in front of a Court Clerk**
- Request to Rescind and Terminate Temporary or Extended Protection Order (PDF) ***this document is for the use of the Applicant ONLY and must also be notarized or signed in front of a Court Clerk.***