Vote By Mail

Any registered voter may request to vote by mail. A voter can request to receive an absentee ballot for certain elections or permanently, for all future elections.  To request an absent ballot, you must complete and submit an absent ballot request form. Completed forms can be mailed, emailed or faxed to the Churchill County Clerk/Treasurer's Office.  

Absent Ballot Request Form

Application Deadline

The absent ballot request form must be received by the clerk by the appropriate deadline.  Requests must be received by the Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on the 14th day preceding the election.  Submit your request early to allow enough time to receive your ballot and mail your voted ballot back to the clerk's office. 

First Time Voters

If you are a first time voter in Churchill County, and did not provide your identification at the time you registered, you must provide it with your absent ballot request.

Military and Overseas Residents

Military and overseas voters should use the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) to register and/or request an absentee ballot for voting. The absentee voting process applies to you if you are

  • an active duty member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine absent from your voting residence.
  • an eligible spouse or family member of an active duty member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine.
  • a U.S. citizen residing outside the country.