Encroachment Permits

Any person, contractor, or public utility performing work within a county right-of-way or road easement needs an encroachment permit (PDF). Standard road easements are 60 feet wide (30 feet on both sides from the center of the roadway). The $50.00 permit fee for a residential encroachment permit will be waived for driveways, landscaping, and fencing, IF, the Road Department is notified during the planning phase.